Role: You will have overall responsibility for all media and communications activity of the charity.
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Hours: Part Time – 22.5 pw by negotiation; some home working permitted
Your overall objective is to raise awareness of Cardiac Rehab, to increase engagement with our exercisers and supporter audiences and to support income generation.
- Ensure our communications strategy meets the charity’s objectives across our audiences: the medical profession, beneficiaries, donors and supporters – which is to increase uptake of the service and an increase in income
- Act as the key point of contact between Cardiac Rehab and the media; write press releases, blogs and articles as appropriate, ensuring that they are timely and meet with copy deadlines; develop positive relationships with key journalists within both print and digital media, with the aim of maximising coverage; keep a log of all media coverage
- Be responsible for the content design of all printed and digital materials produced, including posters and leaflets, and the twice-yearly Newsletter, in conjunction with external designers and maintaining the integrity of the Cardiac Rehab brand both internally and externally
- Source case studies and photographs; act as point of liaison between fundraising and service users in a sensitive fashion • Work with the CEO to publish an annual Impact Report for Cardiac Rehab
- Be responsible for the Cardiac Rehab website and processes within the webshop, ensuring content is informative and timely and presenting the charity as an expert in rehabilitation
- Manage the charity’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Blog ensuring they are updated on a regular basis in conjunction with relevant staff/volunteers who produce content material
- Manage Donorfy and Mailchimp marketing data, ensuring key GDPR procedures are followed by staff, using volunteer resource as appropriate
- Plan and implement online fundraising campaigns required in the business plan campaigns
- Provide marketing support for fundraising events in conjunction with the Centre Manager and general support on the day
- Working with the Centre Manager, provide media support for community fundraising initiatives
- Stay aware and informed about developments in digital communications
For further information on the role and its responsibilities please see the full job description
Please complete our application form and then email email@example.com.
Communications & Marketing Executive
Join the team and use your communications and marketing skills to help us shout about the work of Cardiac Rehab and encourage new exercisers to join our programmes.Closing Date: 09:00 5th December 2022 Salary: £26,000 - £28,500 pro rata (£15,600 - £17,100 for 22.5 hours pw)