Join The 2.6 Challenge to help Cardiac Rehab
The Basingstoke and Alton Cardiac Rehabilitation Charity are inviting you, your family and friends to take part in The 2.6 Challenge from Sunday 26 April to help to save the UK’s charities.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic effect with the cancellation of thousands of events and the loss of billions in income through fundraising events.The Virgin Money London Marathon alone, which should have taken place on Sunday 26 April, is the world’s biggest one-day fundraising event, which raised more than £66.4 million for thousands of charities in 2019.
In response, the organisers of the biggest mass participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help our fundraising and save the UK’s charities.
The campaign, The 2.6 Challenge, will launch on Sunday 26 April 2020 – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one day annual fundraising event, which raised £66.4 million for charities in 2019.The challenge will last for a week. The 2.6 Challenge is open to anyone of any age – the only requirement is that the activity must follow the Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing and remember to stay local.
From Sunday 26 April 2020, we are asking you to dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise by donating on our Virgin Money Giving page
People of all ages are taking on The 2.6 Challenge with a host of activities – from walking, running or cycling 2.6 miles, juggling for 2.6 minutes, to holding online workouts with 26 friends. You can see loads more ideas here and the options are endless!
To get involved, there are just five simple steps to take:
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas here
- Head to the Virgin Money Giving webpage and choose Start Fundraising to set up a fundraising page or Donate Now to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford – by searching for our charity
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge ?
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge
Please help us if you can. Thank you