We are looking for someone with a financial background to join the Board of Trustees.
As our Treasurer, you will advise the Board on all financial aspects of Cardiac Rehab’s affairs, to ensure our financial viability and proper financial records and procedures are maintained alongside playing a full part as a Trustee.
What will you be doing?
As a member of the Board of Trustees you will advise the Board and the Chief Executive Officer on its strategy to manage the charity’s finances in an optimum way to ensure we can continue to deliver our services now and in the years to come. This includes stewardship of our resources but also with a vision for what we could achieve in the future.
Your will also provide guidance to the charity staff, and be a mentor/sounding board, as they manage the day to day financial processes and be close enough to the figures to be able to explain them to colleagues and act as an ambassador for the charity in financial terms.
Cardiac Rehab is a charity providing specialist care in partnership with the NHS but independent of the NHS in terms of funding and relies on fundraising for over 50% of its income. You will want to help ensure we find new ways of engaging more supporters who wish to contribute financially to our important work and to ensure we gain the funding from individuals, local and regional organisations and grant making bodies to ensure the continuation and expansion of our service.
What are we looking for?
- Either a fully qualified chartered accountant or equivalent financial qualification and experience
- Some experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes would be beneficial
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Being prepared to challenge and make unpopular recommendations to the board
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
- Good communication and people management skills
For further information on the role and its responsibilities please see the full role description: CR Treasurer Role 2023
Please Contact the CEO for an initial discussion or for further information