When you are living with cancer, becoming more active can be a positive change to make in your life. Cancer and its treatment can make things feel very uncertain. Doing something for yourself like becoming more active can help you feel more in control.
Physical activity is important for cancer patients at all stages of the cancer care pathways.
- Prevents the decline of physical function without increasing fatigue.
- Maintain a healthy weight or reduce weight.
- Reduce the risk of secondary cancers.
- Improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Reduce the risk of falls in older adults.
- Improve mood.
- Reduce stress.
- Reduce the risk of depression.
For all stages of treatment, it is important to make sure the physical activity you are planning is safe to do, which we can support with our trained Cancer Rehab level 4 exercise specialists at the Alton Cardiac Rehab Centre.
Call 01420 557 385 to discuss the options with our Health Programme Team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.