Prevention is better than cure!
A physically active lifestyle has been medically proven to:
- Reduce the risks of developing heart and circulatory diseases
- Reduce blood pressure – both at rest and on exercise
- Help improve cholesterol levels – reducing LDLs (“bad” cholesterol) and increasing HDLs (“good” cholesterol)
- Better control blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of type II Diabetes
- Helps to manage your weight and levels of body fat
- Help lift depression and reduce anxiety.
- Improve your sex life
- Help prevent the tendency of the blood to clot
- Increase bone density
- Improve your wellbeing
- Increase energy levels
- Lessen the risk of abnormal heart rhythms
- Improve mobility
- Lengthen life
- It reduces the tendency of the blood to clot.
Unfortunately, modern lifestyles do not encourage an active lifestyle due to increased use of cars, increased use of computers in the workplace and at home, leisure time being spent in front of the television and increasingly busy lives. But with a bit of effort, you can make a big difference by being more active.